Friday, July 23, 2010

MONTE CRISTO

MONTE CRISTO: "


I don't go to Starbucks often but every once and awhile I find myself grabbing a breakfast sandwich or a small snack to quench my hunger pains.

Ever wonder where these snacks come from? You know they don't make it there. I managed to source out where my favourite Jamaican patties were made and now thanks to my friend I found out where Starbucks gets their poppy seed lemon loaves and their raspberry swirl lemon loaves made.

At the edge of Burnaby sits Monte Cristo Bakery. Their main bread maker is through commercial sales of baked goods throughout the city including the Starbucks chain but they do have a small retail front where they sell the cakes that didn't make the cut appearance wise.

If you are fan of lemon loaves and you don't want to pay 2 - 3 bucks a slice, go hunt this place down and get a whole loaf for 5 bucks. A perfect price point for visiting your friends place or a snack for your colleagues at work.

Monte Cristo Bakery
1738 Gilmore Ave
Burnaby. BC

Hours Tues - Fri 930-530,
Sat 9-5

I win.

Vancouver Slop 1 - Starbucks 0
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home